Microsoft Corporation has released the New Windows 8 recently. It has some attractive features that makes your desktop and laptop more futuristic, informative and stylish. It shows live tiles of the installed programs and apps in Windows 8. But leaving Windows 7 is not that easy. Specially if you are comfortable and feel happy to run Windows 7. You may ask yourself, imagine if you have that kind of Start Screen ! This post will show you how to get that. It will transform your computer into a mini Windows 8. But not like that transformation pack like something. it is more than that. We will need 2 software for that. It is Rainmeter and Omnimo. Download link will be given below. And the whole procedures will be shown here. Keep reading.
Rainmeter: Rainmeter displays customizable skins, like memory and battery power, RSS feeds and weather forecasts, right on your desktop. Many skins are even functional: they can record your notes and to-do lists, launch your favorite applications, and control your media player – all in a clean, unobtrusive interface that you can rearrange and customize to your liking. Rainmeter is at once an application and a toolkit. You are only limited by your imagination and creativity.
Download Rainmeter Size 1.26 Mb
Omnimo UI: With Omnimo you can create amazing homescreen-like desktops that will fit your every need. Inspired by the Metro UI, it delivers highly functional interactive panels to the desktop and much more! Discover the awesome customization world with Omnimo for free. Omnimo requires Rainmeter.
There are a lots of Add-Ons available to customize.
- Rainmeter 2.2 or higher.
- Windows XP/Vista/7 (Aero effects don’t work on XP).
- Internet connection for some panels.
Download Omnimo UI Size: 19Mb
How To Get Windows 8 Home Screen:
1. Download and Install Rainmeter from the above link.
2. Download and Extract Omnimo. Click on setup.rmskin. It will guide you through the installation.
3. On the Welcome home screen of the wizard, select the options and click “Continue”. The available settings include options for Selecting clock 24/12, Widget of time and to turn the desktop icon.
4. In the next step, select your preferred language in the interface of the subject. Then you choose the wizard to take you to the next step.
5. Then select a theme and click the screen resolution to complete the settings. There are three styles available for viewing Omnimo topic of Widgets. Choose the one you like. I like the Black skin.
6. To customize the look of Omnimo, click the up arrow, Followed by plus button. This Will open a window to change the Color and style of the item and add more shortcuts to Applications Omnimo.
7. Add or replace the Add ons you like. Download more add ons from here: Omnimo Add ons
If there is any problem, feel free to ask me.